Last Saturday night after packing my stuff for a week long business trip to Singapore, I thought I would bake some low carb bread to bring with me. I thought about this low carb bun recipe I have tried many times before as it high in fiber which I need a lot when traveling. I also like that I can make it in mini size so it can fit the hotel rolling oven toaster and no need to slice for easy warming up. And this is very easy to make. No special tools required not even a hand mixer. I am not posting the original recipe as I made some tweaks to it. I am sharing my own version of this low carb bun recipe. You can also do this in a microwave oven if you need a quick fix. I made 3x the recipe and baked in 12 mini muffin pan. Original recipe calls for ramekins which I don’t have yet. Try this favorite low carb bun recipe of mine and get ready to be surprised by how good it taste and feel.
Quick Low Carb Buns
• ½ tbsp coconut oil
• 1 tbsp heavy cream
• 1 lg egg
• ½ tbsp coconut flour
• 2 tbsp golden flax meal
• ⅛ tsp baking powder
• ¼ tsp apple cider vinegar
1. In a ceramic or glass ramekin (16 ounces) combine:coconut oil, heavy cream and 1 egg. Mix together.
2. Add coconut flour and Golden flax meal. I grind flax seeds in food processor to make a meal. Mix thoroughly, scraping sides and breaking up any clumps, until smooth.
3. Add baking powder and apple cider vinegar and mix well.
4. Microwave for 1 minute and 35 seconds, or oven bake at 400 F for 10 to 15 minutes.
5. Loosen bread from the ramekin with a knife. Or it will be loose enough to lift using a spatula if your greased your ramekin or pan.
6. Slice in half and use as a burger bun or sandwich bun. You can toast these in a toaster, toaster oven, or pan toast if toasting is desired.