Over the week my son had asked me to buy him a cake. I told him I will but I didn’t. So on the night he whispered to his Dad that I don’t have a cake with me when I got home, I told myself I am just going to bake one. And since I have never baked before I went Keto, I only know how to bake a keto or low carb cake. Last Tuesday, I baked these Keto Mini Cheesecakes. Only 15 minutes to prep and another 15-20 minutes to cook. And it only uses few and basic ingredients. My son love it just like how he loves my other baked goodies. He is my number 1 fan. Hubby likes it too and as well as my officemates who got to try it.
• 1/2 cup almond flour
• 2 tbsp butter
• 8 oz. cream cheese
• 1 large egg
• 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
• 1/2 tsp lemon juice (I used Calamansi)
• 1/4 cup erythritol
1. Preheat the oven to 350°F. To make the crust, melt some butter until liquid and mix in your almond flour until you have some that feels like crumbly play dough.
2. Take about a teaspoon at a time and press the dough into the bottom of a muffin tin. Line your pan with cupcake liners for easy removal. Bake these crusts for about 5 minutes. They’ll come out slightly brown and crispy.
2. Then take your room temperature cream cheese and beat it with an electric hand mixer or standing mixer until creamy. Then add vanilla extract, lemon, an egg and erythritol. Beat until all combined.
3. Scoop to fill all the crust-bottomed muffin tin cups evenly almost to the top (the mini cheesecakes will rise while in the oven but will flatten while refrigerating).
4. Bake at 350°F for about 15 minutes. The mini cheesecakes should be slightly jiggly. Let them cool in the refrigerator for ideally 24 hours. But if you’re strapped for time, try putting them in the freezer for as long as you can.